Molecular and Cell Biology Department Scholarships
Equity Development Programme Fellowships available for BSc(Hons) students
AWARD NO 14 - APPLICATION REFERENCE –MCB-EDP3 -2021
The Department of Molecular and Cell Biology (MCB) at the University of Cape Town, through its Equity Development Programme, will offer BSc (Hons) Scholarships to the value of R25 000 each to students who are citizens of SADC countries. In this call, awards will be given to students who can demonstrate a financial need due to the fact that they have not been able to attract other bursaries/scholarships and have no other demonstrable form of income. The awards are given on a merit basis and are intended to support those who will conduct research within MCB and furthermore have an interest in making their careers in higher education.
Conditions of award
- MCB EDP scholarships are only available to students who have registered for full-time study in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Science Faculty at the University of Cape Town in 2021.
- The students are allowed to hold other awards, if received after the application for this award, but the maximum total funding allowable is R80 000.
- The scholarship will be paid in a single instalment at the start of the academic year and following proof of registration. The funding will be contingent on successful completion of the Honours techniques course. Should the candidate fail the course, or drop out, the unspent funds (e.g. partial reimbursement of fees) must be returned to the MCB EDP program.
Award of the fellowship is subject to the following conditions
- I can demonstrate no alternative sources of funding upon submitting this application.
- I will undertake to let the Committee know if I am offered other bursaries/scholarships/fellowships and give evidence of the amounts involved.
- I demonstrate commitment to the running and well-being of the Department of MCB
- If I do not abide by the Conditions of this award I will refund the full amount received during the tenure of my Fellowship.
Applications should be emailed to the Chair of the EDP committee, Prof. Jill Farrant (email@example.com)
Closing date: Friday 2nd April 2021
(page updated 8 March 2021)
For post-doctoral opportunities, please visit the MCB vacancies page.