MCB Research Day
Research Day is fast approaching - 29 August 2019!
Some information for presenters and those attending:
- Poster and/or presentations require the submission of an abstract
- Each lab is expected to put forth at least one oral presentation - aim for 10-12 minutes and allow up to 3 minutes for questions and answers
- Each lab can submit as many poster presentations as possible, but we may have to limit these owing to the large honours class
- Oral and poster presentations are not mutually exclusive, meaning that if someone submits a poster, the same person may also do an oral
- All honours students are expected to submit an abstract for their posters
- Please submit the attached template to this email by no later than the 31st of July
- These presentations count as science engagement and communication for funding applications, so it's worth the effort
Unfortunately we are not allowing honours students to participate in the orals.
Best oral and poster presentations are awarded with a cash prize.
Furthermore, the writing competition is still ongoing and we encourage you to enter. Again, this counts towards science engagement. Honours students, you may rework your blogs and submit these. Jasmin will send out an email detailing final requirements for the writing competition.
In addition to the above, we are also extending an invitation to post-docs, academics, and scientific officers to be judges for the oral and poster presentations. If you would like to judge please email the committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Molecular and Cell Biology Postgraduate Representative Committee